KWFamous Local Champion
It's like an Amazing Race, but in a Pandemic. Join our socially-distanced outdoor race and gain brand exposure from the community. Participants will be required to answer questions or solve puzzles to receive their next instructions via text message in order to win the prestige title of Local Champion, as well as a super awesome prize that is yet to be decided.
Date: Saturday November 28, 2020 (Small Business Saturday)
How it works for small businesses:
- We're guiding participants around Uptown Waterloo in a socially-distanced and fun way using text message
- We'll come up with clues to bring participants from store window to store window
- We'll provided signage for your store window to help participants navigate through the race
- You'll share 1-3 gift ideas for the holidays that will be used to promote / may be incorporated into the event
How it works for participants:
- Participants will receive a text message at 9am on Saturday to start the race. Once their team is at the starting location [TBD!], they will respond with “Ready” to begin!
Start time and end times will be recorded - complete the race as quickly as possible to win first place or participants can take their time, have fun, and support local businesses
There is a phrase in German on the store window of [store name] - translate it to get your next clue
What colour is the sign at [business name]
Using only [this photo] - go to the landmark to find your next clue
Upload a photo outside of [landmark] to get your next clue