KWFamous Arts and Music Fest to Celebrate All That’s Weird and Wonderful in Waterloo Region
Art Hop will feature over 100 artists that call Kitchener-Waterloo home
KITCHENER, ON, August 22, 2022 – This Labour Day weekend, experience all that’s weird and wonderful in Kitchener-Waterloo. Organized by KWFamous and presented by HIP Developments, KW’s newest immersive arts and music festival experience is popping up with ten events across the two cities on Friday, September 2 and Saturday, September 3.
Art Hop is an ode to why we love KW - the wonderful community and artists, and their dedication to keeping it weird. Art Hop celebrates the new wave of creativity and features a diverse lineup of local talent. Ten experiences, 100+ artists - all wrapped up in a 2-day festival.
Experience alternative home-grown artistic talent in unique nooks and crannies that make KW amazing, through five free and five ticketed events. From breakdancing to fashion, print fairs to pottery–plus a secret rooftop concert– this festival celebrates the uniqueness of this region’s citizens and offers something for everyone.
Friday, September 2
- VIP Opening Reception featuring local artist Nicole Beno in Downtown Kitchener 5pm-8pm.
- Last Hop on Earth with Last Shop on Earth fashion showcase at Revive Game Bar 5pm-8pm.
- Murals and Outdoor Gallery Walking Tour with Stroll Walking Tour in Downtown Kitchener 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Secret Rooftop Concert with live music & immersive arts experience in Downtown Kitchener 8pm-10pm.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Party live music by The Free Label and DJ Dana Sonic at 660 Belmont 11pm-2am.
Saturday, September 3
- Pottery experience and floral installation with Wu Ceramics and Talula Fields in Vogelsang Green and Goudies Lane 11am-4pm.
- Mad Hatter Garden Party vendor market and interactive performances with lots of kid-friendly activities at Schneider Haus 12pm-5pm.
- Printpalooza print fair and silk screening with DNA Screening with punk music at Halls Lane/City of Kitchener Lot 9 12pm-5pm.
- Express Yourself Breaking Jam breakdancing battle, workshop and performances at Waterloo Public Square 1pm-6pm.
- Planet Art Hop Finale concert and immersive arts experience featuring a skate deck painting battle, VR, and live performance by Juno Award-winning Monowhales with opener Softcult at Short Finger Brewing Co. 6pm-11pm.
Each vendor market and daytime experience is free to attend.Tickets for the three concert experiences are available withVIP festival passes for $89, with individual tickets being sold to the finale event for $40 on kwfamous.com/tickets.
Get full event details at arthopkw.ca
– 30 –
For press inquiries, please contact:
Elaine Decleir, Chief Marketing Officer, KWFamous
KWFamous is a nonprofit creating events and experiences that highlight the best places in the region while building community pride. We take an active role in shaping our community by collaborating with local businesses, community groups, and governments to create events, experiences and destination marketing campaigns – like the Roller Disco at the Kitchener Market and a KW-wide Winter Patio Party. Let’s make meaningful community happen. Learn more at kwfamous.com.